[Foss4g2008loc] call for papers

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Tue Mar 4 01:05:22 EST 2008

I see some URLs in this .doc. In general, the Call should be in plain
text, so it can be cleanly sent out to project mailing lists. Sending
out a .doc file, or even a .pdf file, is not good form.

To that end, the conference web URL should be prominently displayed,
and spelled out in full near the top of the email.

There is two months until the call closes, which is a fair amount of
time, but seven months until the conference. Do you need five months
between the call close and the conference? (I understand the
importance of prep time, I love prep time, but it has to be balanced
against a community that makes up its mind to attend at the Very Last
Moment.  You may end up with a paltry haul of submissions.)

The Call for Papers is preceding the Call for Workshops... ?

Do you have a plan for distributing this, ala,
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2007_Communication

P.