[Foss4g2008loc] Proceedings and/or CD

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Wed Mar 12 20:49:32 EDT 2008

Inge Netterberg wrote:
> [...]

Have you looked at this?
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2007_Lessons_Learned#Presentations
Paul can provide more details, but basically he
setup a process that allowed people to 'vote' on
the submitted presentations via a webpage. It's
those collective 'votes' are what formed the
'ranking numbers' referred to on the above page.
The manual process of doing the final selection of the
presentations for the program was initially based just
on 'the top 120'(with 120 being the number of available
time slots), plus "a few spares". The "groups of three"
was because each "time slot" was 90 minutes, and was
intended to have 3 presentations.

--
Dave Patton

System Developer