FW: [Foss4g2008loc] academic track

Antony Cooper ACooper at csir.co.za
Fri May 16 10:26:13 EDT 2008

Hi All

It might be better to have two ISBNs - one for the proceedings of the academic track, and one for CD in the delegate pack, which has the proceedings from all the tracks together with other material.  That way, the academic track is ring-fenced explicitly.

It would be best to submit a copy of the academic-track proceedings to Google Scholar, otherwise they probably won't see them.  Google Scholar tends to want the material they cross-reference to be available online, but it is my understanding that this will be the case in any event.

Regarding the title of the academic track proceedings, I would suggest:
"Proceedings of the academic track of the FOSS4G2008 Conference, incorporating the GISSA 2008 Conference, Cape Town, 29 September to 3 October 2008".

Otherwise, I agree with what Serena wrote.

Regards
Antony

<EFD5295367266842A4FA779F598ED36905816FE2 at mail.mintek.ac.za>, "Gavin Fleming"