[Foss4g2008loc] workshop PCs - hiring vs buying decision

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Wed Sep 3 16:44:30 EDT 2008

On 2008/09/03 1:20 PM, burnie nawn wrote:

> I just need to confirm that we will use the exact amounts of
> PC's/Laptops as the quote on 22 August? Jarrit mentioned discussions
> around a 120 PC's. The quote however was for 100PC's.

For FOSS4G2007, the supplier quoted on the number
of PCs we needed, but we required the actual shipment
of that number plus some "spare" CPUs, monitors,
keyboards, mice, cables, etc. We did use most of the
spares, either because some 'bits and pieces' were
DOA, or because of failures during the week.

Also, fairly late in the process OSGeo piggybacked
on our PC order to get some(5-6) PCs that they
could use for their internet cafe in the Exhibit hall.

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems

Degree Confluence Project: