[Foss4g2009] foss4g 2009 website

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Tue Apr 1 20:41:20 EDT 2008

mapbutcher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been chatting with Cameron and he's suggested that I could
> assist in the conference efforts - perhaps by following things up
> with the team in SA regarding the FOSS4G2008 website with a view to
> moving forward with the site for FOSS4G2009.

In my opinion, the current FOSS4G2008 website:
http://conference.osgeo.org/index.php/foss4g/2008
is not nearly as "nice" as the FOSS4G2007 website:
http://www.foss4g2007.org/

I don't know how much of that is due to the use of
the Open Conference Systems software[1] that is being
used by OSGeo, but maybe that's something that you
could discuss with the 2008 folks?

[1]
http://pkp.sfu.ca/?q=ocs

--