[Foss4g2009] Re: [Marketing] Event Owner for FOSS4G

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 01:22:56 EDT 2008

Tyler,
I'd like to strongly recommend Tim Bowden for the OSGeo Booth
coordinator role.

He did a very good job setting up the OSGeo stand at the WALIS
conference in Western Australia last year and he is an entertaining and
passionate OSGeo salesman.

Unfortunately, he hasn't been able to scrape funds together for
FOSS4G2008 (he is a 1 man company and can't justify the expense). But
with elementary expenses paid, he would be there like a shot.

Financially, he doesn't cost much. Perth is not far from South Africa,
so flights should be less than for others, and a few beer boxes are
sufficient for accommodation.  (He'd drink the beer first).

And most importantly from my point of view, we would really like to have
someone from the Australian FOSS4G2009 committee on the stand, so that
we can promote FOSS4G 2009, and Tim is just the man for the job.