[Foss4g2009] Keynote speaker: Tim Flannery

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 02:22:30 EST 2008

I reckon we should invite Professor Tim Flannery to be a keynote speaker
at FOSS4G:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Flannery

Why Tim?
1. He is a highly respected Global Warming expert and activist, having
written a number of books on the topic, and leading international
discussion in this area.
2. He is very creditable, being awarded the very distinguished role of
"Australian of the Year" in 2007 for his contributions to the global
warming debate.
3. He speaks well.
4. He lives in Sydney, so I reckon we have a good chance of getting him
to turn up, and we won't have to pay to bring him here.

What do people think?
If there is a general positive response, I'll see if I can get in
contact with him.