[Foss4g2009] Climate Change Integration Plugfest - wiki and email list set up

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 04:46:57 EST 2008

I've populated the Integration Showcase wiki on the OGC website at:
http://external.opengis.org/twiki_public/bin/view/ClimateChallenge2009/WebHome

and the email list is set up. Could everyone interested please register at:

Next steps:
1. Identify the core datasets that will be used for CCIP. The datasets
should be:
** Available under an Open License, like Creative Commons
** Cover a range of data types. At the very least, simple GML for
points, lines and polygons.
** Be Australian and/or New Zealand based.
Graham de Hoedt (BOM), and Ben Searle (OSDM), are you able to look into
this?

2. Refine the Climate Change Scenario
http://external.opengis.org/twiki_public/bin/view/ClimateChallenge2009/CcipScenario
We need this worked out before we can ask vendors to participate.
At the moment, the scenario is looking at the big picture that BOM needs
to solve. I think we need to be able to break it into bite sized pieces
so that specific vendors can address only the part that they have
expertise in. Eg: Mapserver developers will want to set up a WMS/WFS
with supplied data, but not the rest.

Graham, is BOM able to take the lead on this?

3. Engage other sponsors.
I believe Graham will be chasing potential Australian sponsors. (CRCSI,
CSIRO, Landgate are candidates).
I have a meeting with Google in a few weeks and will sound them out.
Greg, are you able to start sounding out international sponsors though
OGC channels.