[Foss4g2009] Videoing sessions at the conf

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Tue Oct 7 01:56:30 EDT 2008

On 2008/10/06 6:45 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> Videoing everything costs in the order of $85K.
> During the bidding process I asked one of the SCEC people if we could do
> our own videoing and they said that SCEC doesn't allow it. SCEC need to
> control the quality of their conference package and don't want to have
> poor quality videos floating around.

That is "SCEC marketing speak" for "we have you
in a corner, and are going to charge you whatever
we want". If those are their exact words, simply
do our own videos, pay them nothing, and if they
think the quality is poor, then they can veto
the release of the videos. If they think the
quality is 'excellent', then they can buy the
rights to use the videos for $85K!

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems