[Foss4g2009] Discounts

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Thu Oct 30 10:25:14 EDT 2008

On 2008/10/30 2:38 AM, Bruce Bannerman wrote:
> Cameron,
>
> We'll want to look at this and find some middle ground to reward the
> hard work of volunteers who put in a lot of effort over a sustained
> period of time as opposed to those who put in a short sweet hello for a
> freebie.

I agree. How about we(the OC) develop(on the private list?) a
"list of suggested categories", and the limit on how many in each
category, of 'free passes', and then forward our suggested list
to the OSGeo Conference Committee for ratification. If necessary,
they can refer it to the OSGeo board. We can still proceed to do
the budget(based on our recommendations), and if needed, adjust
the budget later.

I think we probably can come to agreement fairly easily on
"discounts"(vs 'free pass'), and that doesn't need to be
referred to the OSGeo Conference Committee.

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems

Degree Confluence Project: