[Foss4g2009] use of Lessons Learned page

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Fri Sep 12 12:15:08 EDT 2008

A)
We have a Lessons Learned page:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Lessons_Learned
that hasn't had any updates since April.

Have we learned anything since then that
should be added to the page? Should something
be added re earlier booking of venues to get
the preferred dates, and/or that the OC should
better communicate to the PCO what they want to
use in the way of email communications?

Also, I think that if Tour Hosts have anything
to add from their perspective, they should feel
free to update the page.

B)
The Lessons Learned page for 2008 is currently empty:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2008_Lessons_Learned
Although they may add content after the conference,
should we create a page so people can add "notes"
about things that we need to do or consider for 2009?
For example, I perceive some differences between how
Workshops/Labs were handled in 2007 compared to how
it is being done for 2008, and I think there are some
things to be learned from that, but, it doesn't seem
appropriate to add them to the 2009 lessons learned
page, so where should such notes/comments be recorded?
As '2009 rep' at FOSS4G2008, Tim may want to use such
a page to record his comments/suggestions.

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems

Degree Confluence Project: