[Foss4g2009] Local facilities on website

Harley Prowse HarleyP at geobiz.co.nz
Wed Sep 24 01:03:29 EDT 2008

I agree with Dave, a TODO wiki is a good way to start and if that
becomes a problem, then transfer to an issue tracker.  I am having
enough trouble keeping up with all the emails let alone dealing with an
issue tracker as well (10% technical issues, 90% time issues!).

--
Harley Prowse
Geographic Business Solutions

On 2008/09/23 6:04 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> I think a todo wiki will get unmanageable after a month or 2.
> I suggest we use an issue tracker.

I'd respectfully vote no :-)

Why introduce another 'piece of technology'
when we have something that's already in use,
and may do the job. If it turns out that after
a month (or 2, or even 1 week for that matter)
that the wiki "simply won't do", then we can
move to the issue tracker.

Tour Hosts already has an 'action plan'(my
name - it may have been called something else)
that they use, and maintain, for the planning
of the conference. I viewed the "to do page"
as simply a 'scratchpad' where people put items
to make sure they don't "get lost in the shuffle".
Once those items manifest themselves as part of the
formal 'action plan', they can be removed from
the wiki page, which is why I don't think it
would become unmanageable.

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems