[Foss4g2009] FOSS4G2009 Website now live

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Tue Sep 30 13:34:03 EDT 2008

Good work guys, it looks great. your next trick is to skin the
conference software appropriately and fit it in :)  I'm a little
shocked that there's no decent online schedule for 2008, Gavin had to
handball a Google sheet? Ouch.

P.

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)
<tmitchell at osgeo.org> wrote:
> Done!  I had to add the www. to the DNS, so it's not updated yet, but the
> rest should work.
>
> On 30-Sep-08, at 7:56 AM, Paul Ramsey wrote:
>
>> May I suggest you replace the apache setup at the foss4g2009.org and
>> www.foss4g2009.org sites with this:
>>
>> <VirtualHost *:80>
>> ServerName foss4g2009.org
>> ServerAlias www.foss4g2009.org
>> RedirectPermanent / http://2009.foss4g.org/
>> </VirtualHost>
>>
>> Jason Birch tells me that having only one canonical URL ups your
>> search engine karma.

>> 2008/9/30 mapbutcher <mapbutcher at mapbutcher.com>:
>>>
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> Thanks to Tyler the site is now up on OSGeo servers at the following
>>> URLs:
>>>
>>> http://foss4g2009.org
>>> http://2009.foss4g.org/
>>>
>>> Tyler has also updated the mail list page:
>>> inline
>>> with the main site - looks cool
>>>
>>> Where to next...
>>>
>>> 1. I'm going to work with Tyler to try and arrange access for me so that
>>> we
>>> can make updates without having to go through Tyler each time, so as I
>>> suggested can all amendments\additions etc be posted to the list and
>>> added
>>> to the wiki todo list
>>>
>>> (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Website_Feedback#Website_todo_list)
>>> 2. Can anybody who finds a link i.e. on the wiki that points to