[Foss4g2009] Re: [Aust-NZ] Aust-NZ FOSS4G Booth [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Aug 6 03:13:28 EDT 2009

FYI - my email has had trouble this week - accidentally NOT sending many
of mails out - sorry for this.. resending in case you didn't receive it
already earlier.
------

I suggest just making the main OSGeo booth a bit bigger (doubled?) and
all share it.  There are no other more specific main OSGeo plans for it,
so no need to worry about that.
We're all running on volunteer power, so having two booths will likely
just dilute our efforts at promotion.

If the chapter is keen to run a booth and do OSGeo promo stuff, then I'd
just as soon see the chapter take over the main OSGeo booth spot.  There'd
be a few of us who could help, of course, but having it led by the local
chapter is a much more efficient scenario.