[Foss4g2009] FOSS4G Online Programme

mapbutcher mapbutcher at mapbutcher.com
Sun Aug 9 18:17:45 EDT 2009

Shoaib,
Welcome home.

In your absence I've tried to keep on top of website updates - check the svn
log for details, but i don't think there are any outstanding tasks.

The presentations are now set into the schedule:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0As1Lt1s0T6r8dGRnV2ZadVdmYVVFcnFPMkJOb2NvZVE&hl=en

I've also created a new Google calender for the SCEC rooms:

Parkside Auditorium:
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=s04jm27u8158lbj3u5l510qaak@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Australia/Sydney
Parkside 110A:
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=lc70l3ujoe14pb11p3ecg7hm1c%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Australia/Sydney

Parkside G02:
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=ij81ffo4vdr2ii6pac5cp6tfps%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Australia/Sydney

Parkside G03:
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=29trstdrdrk0f48kajecdbh2kk%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Australia/Sydney

Parkside G04:
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=fgi6hp872284m8kqpl73mhfd34%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Australia/Sydney
*
*
I've just added in the schedule for the 21st Oct so far and have not
included all the presentation\tutorial details in each event. Before i do
this I was hoping you could take a look and perhaps make a recommendation on
which way we go -> the calendar API from google is good but has limitations,
but I haven't found anything better online so far. Harley will also be
producing a smarter PDF version of the schedule which will be the one which
we'll send to the printer, and make available for download on the website.

Harley - see the Google doc link above - you can use this as the basis for
the template provided by TH. We only have one gap in the programme so far
and that's the presentation you sent the invite out to on Friday.

I think the ability to embed the google calender is the most simple and
effective way forward, however it doesn't seem possible to restrict the date
range on the calender which means that by default the calendar will always
open on the current date, and not for example on the start date of the
conference - leaving the user to figure this out :(

If I suddenly go very quiet on the list it's because we've had the baby

Simon