[Foss4g2009] Anyone using Microsoft's bing maps at FOSS4G?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 16:56:37 EDT 2009

Yes Tim (and Chris from a separate email), that is exactly the sort of
message that should help get Microsoft on board.

"Our FOSS4G audience source their maps from numerous sources and most of
the audience are agnostic about where the maps come from. They use the
maps which are best for the money they have available to them.
(Traditionally, Google Maps have usually been used for base layers here
in Australia due to their coverage).
Further, one of the flagship open source projects, Openlayers, was
specifically set up to allow users to integrate map layers from as many
sources as possible, which includes Bing Maps, Google Maps, WMS, WFS,
KML, GML, among many others.  And for Gold Sponsorship, the presenters
for some of our most popular workshops and presentations have offered to
use Bing Maps as their base maps for their workshops  and presentations."

Volker, Harley,
I don't see a need to send out another email to all the presenters. I
think the above would be sufficient. (I hadn't read this email before
sending my last response).