[Foss4g2009] backup list for presentations

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Jul 16 12:59:08 EDT 2009

bartvde at osgis.nl wrote:
> one of the (few) annoying things of the SA conference last year was
> presenters not showing up, i.e. free slots.
>
> Will there be a shortlist this year for people to fill in spots in such a
> case?

Hi Bart,
There will be a selection of backup/reserve presentations chosen to fill
empty slots.  I'm not sure if there will also end up being a batch ready
for "short notice" fill-in, but your point is well taken and makes a lot
of sense.

Note, it wasn't so much a lack of fill in spots last year, as it was
some communication breakdown that failed to track some of the
presenters (like me!) who cancelled attendance ahead of time yet whose
names remained on the agenda somehow :(  I'll be sure to attend this
time :)  Hopefully we'll avoid this one too by ensuring that all
speakers have also registered, for example..