[Foss4g2009] Remind your email lists about the FOSS4G early bird deadline

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Mon Jul 27 05:23:25 EDT 2009

OSGeo community leaders,

We are calling on your help again to promote FOSS4G. Early Bird
registration closes in less than two weeks, so this is a very important
time to contact potential delegates in your communities.

Of the delegates who came to FOSS4G in 2007, 36% reported they heard
about it from a colleague and 10% from an email. This reflects the very
successful emails that were forwarded via community leaders like
yourselves to their projects, and communities. Viral marketing at its best.

Could you please forward the last press release to your communities,
along with a personal message from yourself. Some of the personal
messages people have used before include:

    * "I'll be presenting ... and look forward to meet you at FOSS4G ..."
    * "I've been to previous FOSS4G conferences and highly recommend
      them because ..."
    * "Our project will be represented at FOSS4G ..."
    * "At FOSS4G make sure you check out the ... "

Could you please let me and Antti (CCed) know what email lists you have
forwarded onto so that we can track the effectiveness of the marketing.
(This provides us with useful metrics to attract sponsors).

Also, if you haven't done so already, please add a FOSS4G link to your
blog or web page, then reference your site as per:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Marketing. 26% of FOSS4G2007
delegates hear about FOSS4G from web banner adds.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Cameron Shorter, FOSS4G chair.

Press release and translations available at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Press_Release_21

Look for your name below:

Project : Community Leader

chameleon    Paul Spencer