[Foss4g2009] Session Co-ordinators - still more volunteers needed please

Harley Prowse HarleyP at geobiz.co.nz
Thu Oct 15 22:43:12 EDT 2009

Hi,

Thanks to those who have recently signed up since my initial requests
for help.  However, we still need more volunteers to act as session
chairpersons.  We currently have 11 sessions with no chairperson. You
obviously need to be registered for the conference to be able to act as
a chairperson.

So, if you are going to be in a session to listen to the talks, why not
help us out and act as the chairperson as well.  No long intro's
required, just introduce the speaker, where they are from and the title
of their talk, then keep an eye on the time for them.

Here is what you will need to do:

*         Be in your designated room 10-15 minutes prior to the first
presentation beginning.

*         Ensure that each presentation does not go over the allotted
time: 30 minutes including time for questions and hand over.

*         Introduce each presentation to the audience - Presenters name,
organisation and presentation title is sufficient (details on the
FOSS4G2009 website for each presentation, presenter and biography)

*         Provide subtle guidance to the presenter when they have 5
minutes left of their allotted time slot.

*         Have on hand a phone and the Arinex contact (these will be
available to you at the conference from the registration desk or the
speaker prep room) details for any AV assistance/requirements

*         Coordinator briefing notes can be found here [[1]
<http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Image:Chairperson_briefing_notes_v3.pdf> ]

Please add your name to the session you would like to chair on the wiki:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Volunteers or email me with your
preference and I will add you to the Wiki and confirm your choice.  You
can do more than one session if you like as well.

If you have already selected a session, then please ensure you are
familiar with what you need to do, have read the session chairperson
briefing notes (linked from the wiki and in the list of duties above).

If you are unable to chair your session, then please email me prior to
the conference, find me at the conference, or advise someone at the
registration desk or the speaker prep room during the conference.

Thanks

Harley Prowse