[Foss4g2009] AGM timing, again

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Sep 19 07:10:42 EDT 2009

mapbutcher wrote:
> The overview schedule online shows the AGM running at the same time as
> BoF on Wed 21st.  However the detailed day plan has just the AGM, with
> the BoF's being run on Thurs 22nd.
>
> As BoF are self organising by providing rooms on both evenings perhaps
> the organisers of the BoF's can make the call?
>
> Even if they do run concurrently I'm unsure in practice how much
> dilution would happen? I think one of the original reasons for pushing
> the AGM to earlier in the week was to try an attract delegates who may
> be leaving Sydney late Friday afternoon or Friday evening. This may well
> be the case for many local delegates. Having the option for these local
> delegates to attend the AGM is beneficial IMO as it gives them the
> opportunity to get a feel for the operational aspects of OSGeo or indeed
>
> This said I'm happy to move the AGM  - It's your call Tyler

I can reinforce Tyler's comments: the AGM is always run at a time when
there are no other conflicts (such as BOFs) going on at the same time,
since the whole goal is to get the entire community together to discuss
the status and future of OSGeo as a whole...if we 'dilute' this session
then it's pretty much pointless.

-jeff