[Foss4g2010] foss4g2010 initiatives

Lorenzo Becchi lbecchi at osgeo.org
Tue Apr 21 11:20:22 EDT 2009

There are a couple of initiatives that we would like to support and
present in Barcelona.

1) Climate Change Integration Plugfest
This is the OGC initiative that will be presented in Sydney too. OGC is
supposed to support it economically (I guess) but it will be important
to give then enough visibility.

2) the LiveDVD
in every foss4g event is a good way to present the complete stack of our
softwares. In Sydney it has been sponsored a bit to make it better then
usual. It would be good to find a little bit of money to update it and
refine it.
ex: adding local data, update last version of all OSGeo/fossGis
software, adding educational material...

3) Free GIS book
this is very important to me.
we have the chance to propose an excellent educational project in his
first stable version. to do this we need some money.
we are trying to evaluate what it could be the minimum amount to reach
version 1.
who could sponsor this? I would dream that the conference itself could
sponsor it in part.

ciao
lorenzo