[Foss4g2010] OSM at FOSS4G 2010?

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Thu Dec 10 09:51:24 EST 2009

El Jueves, 10 de Diciembre de 2009, Jeff McKenna escribió:
> I guess I missed the discussion about State of the Map combined with
> FOSS4G event being rejected because it "could be damaging to OSM (it
> could be seen as part of OSGeo)."[1]  That is very unfortunate that
> someone (who??) feels this way.

That was the feeling of the SotM10 organising committee - they/we want SotM to
be a stand-alone event.

The general feeling of the committee was that setting SotM10 next to the
FOSS4G would attract too much attention to the FOSS4G and too little
attention to SotM10. I would have liked to host SotM10 next to the FOSS4G,
but I understand the feeling of the rest of the committee.

Finally, the SotM10 will be held in Girona, 9th-11th july, next to the FOSS
GIS summer camp that Lluís Vicens is organising. He will also host the 4th
spanish FLOSS GIS conference.

One way or the other, there will be so many geo-events in Catalonia this year
that you'll wish to live there :-)

I'm sorry we won't have a joint event, but I'm pretty sure we'll work
something out.

Cheers,
--

El mundo entero conocerá nuestras pacíficas costumbres. ¡Por la fuerza!
           -- Bender Doblador Rodríguez. Futurama 4×14: Obsoletamente
fabuloso.