[Foss4g2010] Registration process is confusing

Roald de Wit roald.dewit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 17:35:47 EST 2009

Hi list,

It's good to see that the registrations are open! I did a test run and
got a little confused:
- I only checked 'registrations'
- I selected the 'full' registration. After hitting 'next', I was asked
to add a workshop. Wasn't that included in the full registration?
- Then I added 1 workshop and hit next
- The next page showed a total of EUR 175. Where is my full registration
fee????

After hitting next on this page and not completing the registration
details form, I decided to try the whole thing again in another browser
- I selected the full registration again and hit next. I skipped the
workshop this time and got to the registration details form.
- Now I went back to the start (by hitting 'register' now in the site)
- Again I selected the full registration and hit next
- I was taken to the registration details page straight away, skipping
the workshop selection page
- It seems that the registration page keeps a cookie, because I cannot
add workshop if I want to!

Whether or not the behaviour above is intended, it confused me!

Regards, Roald

P.S. Browsers used were: Chromium 4.0 and Firefox 3.5.6, both on Ubuntu 9.10