[Foss4g2010] Attracting people to Barcelona 2010 event

andrea giacomelli pibinko at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 03:27:07 EST 2009

Hello all,

To date I haven't had the chance of attending a FOSS4G meeting, but I
am looking forward to the next one.

I think Marco is raising a good point.However, I would re-phrase the
subject of his e-mail to "attracting academics/researchers (or more
generically whoever needs peer-reviewed publications) to the Barcelona
event".

This is fair enough, as Marco is writing from an academic institution ;)

If we can get all the different categories of stakeholders to
elaborate on how to attract *their* people to Barcelona, I think we
will be in a good spot in September.

By the way: I think this attraction process is already taking place...
FYI, from the Italian OSGEO Chapter (GFOSS.it) we have started to
promote Barcelona I think from last February, and I meet lots of
people who are curious about Barcelona (or become curious after we
meet).

let's see what happens... in the meantime I'm wishing a Happy New
People Year to all [1][2]

Best regards,

Andrea Giacomelli
http://www.pibinko.org