[Foss4g2010] OSM at FOSS4G 2010?

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Fri Oct 9 02:26:56 EDT 2009

Lorenzo Becchi schrieb:
> WHY NOT??!
> I can't see any not, I like this idea.
> let's try to do it!
>
> lorenzo

Next year in Germany FOSSGIS (the little German sibling of FOSS4G) will
also host the German OpenStreetMap meeting/gathering. We have stretched
the conference by one day and run for 4 so that OSM folks who have a day
light job can join more towards the end of the week and add the weekend
with sprint and mapping parties (if they still find a white spot in
Germany).

So yes, go for it.

We are also a little intimidated by the sheer numbers that we might
attract. And I am already now very fearful of the crowds that will come
to Barcelona. We might want to reestimate the numbers on this premise
soon to prevent that we burst at the seams.

Regards,