[Foss4g2010] Academic track

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Sun Jan 24 17:41:33 EST 2010

>> Presently there are 4 persons as below;
>>
>> Helena, Maria, Markus and myself.
>> I suggest a few more nominations.

I suggest that we could check with Charlie Schweik, Daniel Ames and Michael Barton
 whether they would be interested.
(Michael often teaches GRASS in Spain to archeology students and is PI on large
research projects that use FOSS, in addition to being one of the most active GRASS
developers).

What are the plans for dates for Call for abstracts and the deadline for submissions?
 There will be a special session and a panel on
Open Source Tools and Standards in GISc Research and Education
at AAG this April in Washington DC - a good opportunity to let people outside OSGeo
know about the FOSS4G2010 academic track.

Helena