[Foss4g2010] Community Program Review

Vasile Craciunescu vasile.craciunescu at gmail.com
Fri May 7 02:31:25 EDT 2010

I agree with you. It's good to know even for posters witch are the most
interesting titles from attendances perspective. Anyway, for practical
reasons, I think the two categories of abstracts should be somehow
differentiated (or placed on different pages). For example, on the
review page, the voters are asked to vote for a reasonable number of
titles. This is a good thing for oral presentations, where you have a
psychical limit in the number of presentations a participant can attend,
but this limit don't apply to posters, where a participant can see all
the presentations during the breaks.

Vasile

Lorenzo Becchi wrote:
> it is anyway important to us to know which are the most interesting
> abstract.
> We are planning special treatments for the most populars.
>
> lorenzo
>

> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 12:39 AM, Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca>wrote:
>
>> The abstract database I was given didn't distinguish between
>> submission types. I agree that it would be good to not have rankers
>> also wade through poster abstracts. If I can get a list of abstract
>> identifiers for poster submissions, I can hide those from the list of
>> abstracts people are shown.

>> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 12:36 AM, Vasile Craciunescu
>> <vasile.craciunescu at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> The Community Program Review page is truly great. Only one thing confuses
>>> me. It seems that the abstracts for poster are mixed with abstracts for
>> oral
>>> presentation. I'm confused because there is no sign of distinction
>> between
>>> this two type of proposals. On the other hand, the poster section on
>>> FOSS4G2010 website (http://2010.foss4g.org/presentations_posters.php)
>> says:
>>> "Acceptance: Posters will be accepted "first come, first served" until
>> there
>>> is no more room or the deadline passes."
>>>
>>> If so, what's the point in evaluating the poster proposal?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Vasile