[Foss4g2010] Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] your project at FOSS4G!

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Wed May 19 17:09:35 EDT 2010

Cameron,

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 11:13 PM, Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Lorenzo,
> I love this email of yours.

thanks a lot :)

> I strongly encourage you to copy the text of this email into your press
> releases at: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2010#Press_Releases

I had to think about it.
I've finally decided to create the Community Releases (as suggested by
Tyler):
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2010#Community_Releases

I had the opinion that FOSS4G is normally sending too many Press Releases
and I honestly get annoyed and left to read messages after 5-6... shame on
me.
After a little investigation I know that I was not the only one.
What I dream is a cloud of informations from different medias: blogs,
twitters, media partners, that send informations continuously and
asynchronous: a never ending buzz about FOSS4G.
utopia?!? (probably)
Anyway I will propose more messages like this to involve as much people as
possible.
Please everybody feel free to enhance your personal way to promote FOSS4G:
we are a community!
:)

lorenzo