[Foss4g2012] Re: [OSGeo-Conf] 2012 Status?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 16:55:28 EDT 2012

Michael,
Thanks for the clarification. If OSGeo is not financially tied to FOSS4G
2012, then I'm comfortable with OSGeo's involvement being limited to
advice and encouragement.
It is the LOC's to make hard decisions - like whether to hire a
conference organisor to bring the conference back on track.

As a message to the LOC: I think the collective advice from prior FOSS4G
event organisors like myself is that FOSS4G 2012 needs to step up and
make some changes very soon if they are to attract an international
audience.