[Foss4g2014] Draft: logo and design services RFQ

Garlynn Woodsong Garlynn at calthorpe.com
Tue Aug 13 10:10:01 PDT 2013

Edits & comments below... in general, this looks good.

~g

On Aug 13, 2013, at 9:56 AM, Darrell Fuhriman wrote:

Comments?

Request for Quotation

RFQ = Request For Qualifications.... (normally)

In September, 2014, Portland will be hosting the Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial Conference (FOSS4G).

FOSS4G is the premiere international conference for open source geospatial technology. We are anticipating more than 1,000 attendees from around the world, and we're looking forward to introducing them to Portland and showing them why we love this city.

The organizing committee is soliciting bids for design services. The initial scope will be to design a logo for the conference, including variations for different display purposes (web banner, badge, grey scale, etc). Future work may include other design services such as signage, banners, website layout, printed programs, and t-shirt design.

Design Requirements

We're looking to maintain a consistent identity for the conference while highlighting those things that make Portland unique. We are looking for exciting designs – we don't want just another boring conference logo. There is just one requirement: any design must include the FOSS4G Ribbon. The ribbon can seen here: https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/main/logos/ribbon.png (Note: the colors can be changed.)   Examples of logos from past years can be seen here: https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/main/logos/ – but don't feel constrained by those designs.

The base design for the logo should be completed by September 17th, with variations due shortly thereafter.

Bid Requirements

Perhaps this header should be "Responding to this RFQ"? Are we asking for a bid here, or are we asking for a portfolio? Or both? (Seems like both...) Fine by me, seems like it will allow us to hit the deadline in fewer steps.

Interested parties should include a portfolio of relevant past work, and a ballpark quotation for the logo design, including variations. Please note if you are interested in doing future related work, such as t-shirt design, program design and layout, etc. You may include estimates for these services in your bid, but it is not required, and these will not be part of the initial contract.

Please address questions and send bid materials to:

Darrell Fuhriman
Organizing  Committee Chair, FOSS4G 2014
darrell at garnix.org<mailto:darrell at garnix.org>