[Foss4g2014] Draft: logo and design services RFQ

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at garnix.org
Tue Aug 13 10:43:39 PDT 2013

> If we plan to have a logo selected and in a video and presentation on about September 20th-ish, we probably need to have the base design before the 17th to have a few iterations on variations.

I was mostly figuring that the we really only need one logo to get into the video/presentation, which is what I was getting at there.

> When should they send portfolio and quote to you?

Good point. Is Sept 1 too late? That gives someone two weeks to do the design, which for a competent designer seems like more than enough time.

I'll probably add something to the effect of "We will starting evaluating submissions as soon as they arrive. No submissions will be accepted after September 1st, and we may choose a submission at anytime before that. Prompt replies are encouraged."

> How will we do bid selection?  Is that planned to be crowd sourced?  Does that matter to them or do we just need to make a fast decision?

I'm in favor of fast decision. Getting a lot of community input requires time that we don't have.

d.