[Foss4g2014] Draft: logo and design services RFQ

TC Haddad tchaddad at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 13:49:35 PDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Darrell Fuhriman <darrell at garnix.org>wrote:

> Interested parties should include a portfolio of relevant past work, and a
> ballpark quotation for the logo design, including variations. Please note
> if you are interested in doing future related work, such as t-shirt design,
> program design and layout, etc. You may include estimates for these
> services
>
> Jumping back to this one. I think "ballpark quotation" is kind of an
> oxymoron. I've always thought that "bid" or "quote" were specific prices
> for a job, while an estimate was just that. That's why I used "quotation"
> for the first part, and "estimate" for the second.
>
> d.

Agreed on this. Overall the balance of the text & edits text reads fine and
I think we can move forward and issue the RFQ. I suggest we post to various
lists (Darrell you said you are tapped into an appropriate network?). I've
also seen these kinds of things posted to Craigslist under the Jobs
categories (forget which sub, but I think there is something appropriate).

Actually now I think about it, the Craigslist option might cost some $$.
Carry on...