[foss4g2014] Timbers "field trip"

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Dec 2 07:16:44 PST 2013

Darrell, I think it's important to offer attendees a place to meet each
night (make sure you have the words "ice breaker" in your event plans
for the night before the event).  Even if it is just a good sized pub
near the event, you can declare it as the meeting place for all other
nights.  Also, make sure that only one of your official events require
tickets.  (i.e. only the gala event should cost the attendees) I speak
from experience.

-jeff

On 2013-11-29 11:06 PM, Darrell Fuhriman wrote:

>> I think that feasible dates for the field trip are evenings Sept 7-12,
>> with light attendance on the 7th or 12th.  I don't have the evening
>> schedule in front of me right now to see what else is scheduled, but
>> Monday night seems like perhaps the best night for a field trip.
>
> I always figured we'd have multiple field trips, especially on the weekend following for those people who want to stay for the weekend. But maybe a few pre-conference field trips are a good idea too...
>
> Many of them may be limited space, so we want multiple options, and some wouldn't work well on anything but weekends – wine country tours, geology field trips up the gorge, trips to Mt. St Helens...
>
> The current evening plans are:
>
> Monday: none
> Tuesday: pub night
> Wednesday: vendor social