[foss4g2014] Update: meeting reminder, logo, Timbers

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at garnix.org
Mon Dec 16 15:22:43 PST 2013

Quick update.

1) Meeting tomorrow (Tuesday) 5:45pm PST. Details at http://calagator.org/events/1250465351 – I'll send out an agenda tomorrow.

2) Logo: after very tight voting between options 1 and 3, the winner was option 1.  Elizabeth will join us by phone at tomorrow's meeting to discuss. I sent her summarized comments based on feedback in the form and to the list.

3) Timbers game: To get tickets on the South Deck, we have to purchase a full block of 60. Given that the game is on the Sunday before the conference, I don't think we'd get 60 attendees – if it were the Saturday afterwards, I think we might.

This leaves us three options:

1) Don't do a purchase. If someone else wanted to organize something more informal, that's an option, but the committee wouldn't be responsible.

2) Purchase the block of 60, then resell the ones we can't use. Timbers have sold out every home game since joining MLS, so it's in theory doable. Just possibly a pain, and risks losing money if we fail.

3) Purchase a smaller block of general admission tickets in the TA. Less risk, but given the GA nature of the beast it will require some amount of coordination with attendees.  I don't feel comfortable taking that task on myself, since I'm probably going to be very busy on Sunday as it is. I'm not even sure I'll be able to attend the game at all.

So, if someone is willing to take on the task of organizing (3) or helping with (1), then we can go ahead and buy a block. Any takers? Nick?

Darrell