[foss4g2014] website design

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at garnix.org
Mon Nov 18 21:34:06 PST 2013

We'd love to have your help!

No, there really hasn't been anything in depth yet. We have something we put together quickly after we were awarded the conference (2014.foss4g.org), but that's all. It's all done in github pages and jekyll.

We've started working with a logo designer, so we'll probably want to have a unified color palette.

I think right now we're looking primarily for UI/UX, since we have not decided on a platform, so it may not make a lot of sense to starting doing too much implementation. I basically see two options on that front:

1) an all in one platform such as Symposion (Django-based) or other platform TBD, which handles paper submissions, sponorship, etc.
2) something more like a Jekyll-based page, with some other product for doing the non-static stuff.

But maybe I'm totally wrong on that front.

I guess what I'm saying is that right now, the door is wide open.

d.