[foss4g2014] Admin recommendations

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu Sep 19 17:40:37 PDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Darrell Fuhriman <darrell at garnix.org>wrote:

> > http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/
> > http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/2014/
> >
> > Contact me if someone needs write permissions.
>
> I could use write permissions to start with.

Jeff and others are probably busy at FOSS4G, you can put in a SAC ticket
which might find some admin available sooner.  You can also list other
OSGeo userids that need access.  I might already have access from the
Journal, GeoMoose, etc but have not tested it.

> I have kind of mixed feelings about using the wiki for everything – mainly
> because my experience has been that only a few people are willing to put up
> with the hassle. As an actual collaboration tool, I don't think it's very
> good, but that's my personal opinion.

I find low participation can happen with any system.

> I've actually been pondering using teamworkpm.net for the day-to-day
> stuff, then transferring things to the wiki/SVN for archival purposes. If
> anyone wants to try it out with me….

I'm willing to work with any system of interest.  Successful collaboration
usually has to do with the percent of people actually using (or correctly
using) any such system and a 'maintainer' keeping things moving along
smoothly.  I do think that things should 'finish' on OSGeo infrastructure
like the wiki/SVN and that someone actually follows through with
transferring if it is not the native working location.  Do I need to do
anything special in signup to land on the same project as you on
teamworkpm.net or do I just make any account and send you the name?

Eli