[foss4g2014] conference software

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Sep 25 17:41:07 PDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 5:04 PM, Darrell Fuhriman <darrell at garnix.org> wrote:

> I just threw up a quick test instance of symposion, mentioned below and it
> looks pretty promising. I think it's worth contacting Eldarion, especially
> if we want the ability to do double-blind submissions, which it doesn't seem
> to have out of the box.

This thread has two parts: general conference software and a subtopic
of Academic Track software.  For the main conference software I have
no real opinions as of yet (other than that it should not necessarily
encompass the AT software).

> On the other hand, maybe the OJS system they used for 2013 can be expanded
> for 2014?

OSGeo runs one instance of OJS which has about 10 Journal volumes in
it already, http://journal.osgeo.org/index.php/journal  We could build
on that or the 2013 instance (if the infrastructure is going to
continue).  The Academic Track seems to be working well on OJS with a
continuing team from several years.  I'm interested in comments about
suggested OJS tweaks from Barend and F-J Behr.  So far it sounds like
OJS is working very well for the AT.  I favor deferring to Percy and
the rest of the Academic Committee members on this unless there is
some compelling reason that the AT must/should be using the same
system as the rest of the conference.

Eli