[foss4g2014] Who wants to make a map?

Tim Welch tim.j.welch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 11:59:26 PDT 2014

Yes looking good Dave!  One comment, there's cases where a label is
partially covering a marker.  For example MLK and max labels covering
up transit markers, Convention Center covering up the star in the
inset.  A little bit of label moving could polish this up nicely.
And/or as Tanya mentioned simply shrinking the marker size.

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 10:55 AM, TC Haddad <tchaddad at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it's looking great Dave,
>
> On the main map - maybe bump the MAX station icon down a couple of sizes to
> help de-clutter?
> On the inset map - drop the DoubleTree label, and if possible, fit in the
> World Forestry Center label, as the western-most event location for the big
> picture
> On the inset map - somehow add the 2 big rivers for context?
>
> that's all I could think of - great job!
>
> Tanya
>

> On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM, Eli Adam <eadam at co.lincoln.or.us> wrote:
>>
>> I like that you've very subtly noted the quadrants.
>>
>> You could hide your name or initials in microscopic font somewhere -
>> rivers are good for that...
>>
>> Eli
>>

>> On Aug 4, 2014 11:16 PM, "David Mangold" <dave at davemangold.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> Here's the latest program map:
>>>
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/m03grsysxel0kxe/foss4g-new-draft-light.pdf
>>>
>>> Still to do:
>>>
>>> 1. Clean up labels in InkScape
>>> 2. PSU building callouts (if possible)