[foss4g2014] Last meeting comments

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at garnix.org
Sat Aug 16 07:41:03 PDT 2014

Comments may only make sense if you’re following along in the meeting notes.

1) We already have a foss4g account on Mapbox (it’s used on the front page). Contact me for details

2) +1 updating the website. We need Gala info, more prominent map gallery, also directions to the workshops, etc. <-This is the perfect bite-sized job for someone!

3) Badges. IIRC, They can be printed by the company doing the other signage. We have some drafts EVH did a while back, but they need to be fixed into a form that can be used to print: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/blgoo30t4jz0wur/AABSvM6zLXwtjdGL7-_e_HQla/Printed%20Badge%20Logos

4) re: printed program changes.  Elizabeth never responded to me about how she wanted changes communicated. There’s still some last minute shuffling of the program. I think this is going to be a problem, and Elizabeth’s often poor at communication which won’t help.

Actually, Elizabeth’s slow responses have me worried in general as we get down to time crunch.

5) I’m not sure that tracking down lots of hotel links for people is a good use of our time. They all know how to use the Internet.

6) Neil: Give me the dimensions of the printed logo for the USB drives, and I’ll get the logo done up. We’ll probably have to go with Helen + FOSS4G text to make it legible.