[foss4g2014] please contribute to "Portland" and "PDX" blog post series

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Tue Feb 4 16:12:16 PST 2014

Hi all,

I've added a "What is PDX" post, https://2014.foss4g.org/what-is-pdx/.
 This could be a great series of posts, who wants to write something?

You can also cover things like "Why come to Portland?" or "What to see
and do while in Portland".

If you can contribute any "Portland" photos that would be helpful too.

Also, if someone wants to continue the GNIS post into a geojson (and
something/github/leaflet/openlayers/etc) map post,  ogr2ogr -f
"GeoJSON" Portland.geosjon
/vsizip/vsicurl/http://geonames.usgs.gov/docs/stategaz/NationalFile_20130811.zip
-sql 'SELECT * FROM NationalFile_20130811_PRIM WHERE feature_name like
"%portland%"' outputs a geojson file with the "Portland"s.  I can also
email it to you if you are interested in that.

Eli