[foss4g2014] Scholarships

Chris MacWhorter cmacwhorter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 16:35:39 PST 2014

My two cents on matter; feel free to say yeah or nay.  There has been some talk (I think) about bringing in 'users' or 'traditional commercial' into the open source community.  One idea would be the timber or fishing industries as sponsors ( note: I not claiming to know anyone) but since these are typically lawyers/lobbyists that handle these things.  Since sponsors get a spot at conference; we can let 'choose' to let them donate to a pool of promising college (OSU, PSU, UO) students.  Any thoughts on matter?  I'm willing to write some letters to the timber industrial if the collective thinks this a good idea.  (Again no experience in this matter, but OSU is top ranked in forest science and oceanography)  -Chris MacWhorter

Sent from my iPhone