[foss4g2014] Scholarships

Kristin Bott bottk at reed.edu
Thu Feb 6 08:02:54 PST 2014

Some thoughts + questions from this corner* -

(Dumb question) -- what are registration costs for attendees, and how is
that tiered? (student / non-profit / for-profit, etc)
Current budget for scholarships = ?
If folks choose to donate/support the conference, do you have those $
slated for supporting the event itself, or could some of that be funneled
to attendees? (Any info from past conferences about how much this might
bring in, assuming that's even a thing that people do?)

Curious to hear more about how this has been dealt with in the past (I'm
pretty new to the game) and potentially interested in putting something
together on this front.

-kristin / k.bott

* "who the hell are you", nutshell edition -- instructional technologist @
Reed College, GIS cert student @ PSU, background in (fisheries) science,
teaching, fundraising, non-profits,  nerdery

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 3:37 PM, Darrell Fuhriman <darrell at garnix.org> wrote:

> One thing I've seen come up recently is discussion of providing
> scholarships to worthy folks who may not be able to otherwise attend.
>
> I'd like to explore the idea some, but I'm not really sure what  a program
> would look like.
>
> Any thoughts (or resources)?
>
> Darrell

Kristin Bott
Instructional Technologist / Quantitative Applications
Instructional Technology Services (ITS)
Reed College

ETC 225
503/788-6642