[foss4g2014] Setting Conference Pricing

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at garnix.org
Thu Feb 20 12:09:49 PST 2014

On Feb 20, 2014, at 10:59, David William Bitner <bitner at dbspatial.com> wrote:

> I would bet there would be a sharp divide in folks paying for themselves and folks who would be coming on business travel expense from their organization. For folks who are coming on fixed-no-receipt per diems it isn't that uncommon to count on breakfast/lunch (and even dinner with receptions and the like) and pocket the per diem (or use for evening booze).

Yah, that divide is definitely going to happen. That would be an interesting question to put on the survey actually. I’d love to know how many people are paying out of their pocket vs their company doing so.

> Having everything on site also helps lubricate the "hallway track", not to mention the time that folks spend in and around the vendor exhibits
> (for FOSS4GNA, our exhibitors commented that they really appreciated having the snacks served in the exhibitor area to draw folks to their displays).

That’s a really good idea. Obviously we’ll have the reception in there, but it didn’t occur to me to do all the food in there. Duh.

d.