[foss4g2014] Need volunteers to help get the word out further

Phillip Davis pdavis at delmar.edu
Mon Jul 21 18:29:31 PDT 2014

We will announce at tomorrow's webinar.

http://foss4geo.org

From: foss4g2014-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [foss4g2014-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of David William Bitner [bitner at dbspatial.com]
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2014 8:26 PM
To: Eli Adam
Cc: foss4g2014
Subject: Re: [foss4g2014] Need volunteers to help get the word out further

I'll try to hit a bunch of Midwest lists. I'll also try to tweet from the FOSS4GNA account.

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 7:43 PM, Eli Adam <eadam at co.lincoln.or.us<mailto:eadam at co.lincoln.or.us>> wrote:
Hi all,

We've got more press releases coming out and we want to get the word
out to everyone who might be interested in FOSS4G, not just the usual
suspects.

We need to send these press releases on to email lists, personal
contacts, linkedin contacts, social media groups, and anything else
you can think of.  Ideally give it a short introduction emphasizing
the relevancy to the topic or region to which you're sending.

Can you volunteer to keep any of the below lists in the loop?  Are
there other outlets you can keep in the loop too?  This is a small
specific task that you can help with that is really useful.

Most of these are in the Pacific Northwest.  Keeping California in the
loop as well would be helpful.  Is there anyone who can help getting
the word out to California?  Especially Bay Area.  Of course spreading
far beyond the Pacific Northwest is appreciated too.

Thanks, Eli

FOSS4G2014 list
http://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/foss4g2014 (i.e. this
list)
PDX-OSGeo pdx-osgeo at googlegroups.com<mailto:pdx-osgeo at googlegroups.com>
CUGOS cugos at googlegroups.com<mailto:cugos at googlegroups.com>
maptimepdx maptimepdx at googlegroups.com<mailto:maptimepdx at googlegroups.com>
other maptimes
gis_info http://listsmart.osl.state.or.us/mailman/listinfo/gis_info
CPS-GIS> cps-gis at u.washington.edu<mailto:cps-gis at u.washington.edu>
PDXGIS? pdxgis at lists.pdx.edu<mailto:pdxgis at lists.pdx.edu>
OR-URISA - Eli can work to have this done
   CCGISUG (included in ORURISA)
   WVUG(included in ORURISA)
ASPRS - especially the regions in the western US,
http://www.asprs.org/All-Regions/All-Regions.html
UO contacts
OSU contacts
UW contacts
Idaho contacts
geotech mailing list geotech at admws.idaho.gov<mailto:geotech at admws.idaho.gov>
WhereCampPDX wherecamp-pdx at googlegroups.com<mailto:wherecamp-pdx at googlegroups.com>
OS Bridge osbridge at googlegroups.com<mailto:osbridge at googlegroups.com>
OSM community
conservation/wildlife
coastal GIS

************************************
David William Bitner
dbSpatial LLC
612-424-9932

Confidentiality Notice:  The information contained in this email, including attachments, may be
privileged, proprietary, and/or confidential as provided by law.  The information in this email is intended
only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender by replying to the email message and immediately
return the email, attachments, and any and all copies to the sender.  If you are not the intended recipient
of this email and received it in error, please be advised that you may be subject to civil liability for any
use of privileged, proprietary, and/or confidential information contained herein.