[foss4g2014] js.geo, OSGeo LIVE, AGM, ten years, code sprint, booth materials

David William Bitner bitner at dbspatial.com
Tue Jul 29 07:00:16 PDT 2014

> > * OSGeo LIVE list questions - mostly:
> > ** 2. Is there a speaking slot available for the OSGeo-Live presentation?
> > ** 3. What are your thoughts on printing DVDs/USBs of OSGeo-Live?
>
> My opinion is that the OSGeo-Live USBs are the one cool takeaway from our
> events.  I still love my FOSS4G 2010 (Barcelona) one, it has the
> conference logo on it and is a great token, and (unlike the junk brochures
> in the conference bag that get left in the hotel room) is actually useful
> for years after.

I disagree here. I think having OSGeo Live USB's/DVDs available (read:
opt-in) is great, but I think it is incredibly wasteful (money as well as a
product that is not environmentally benign) to put one in every delegate
packet. I have tons of these USB sticks that just clutter up my drawers and
are ones I never tend to use because they are almost always low capacity
and incredibly slow drives.

--
David William Bitner