[FOSS4G2016] spontaneous planning meeting today

Andrea Giacomelli pibinko at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 07:05:10 PDT 2015

Dear Till -

1) Right now I can't think of a different name for the summer campaign, but
I surely have a track for the playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BvL-i--8Ws

2) ...please apologize if I am missing some parts (ore repeating things
others know already), but I joined the list just recently.

I understand you are planning to have a calendar of activities that would
lead to FOSS4G in Bonn as the final event..
Concerning topics to animate that period, I will re-propose what I already
wrote for FOSS4G in Como: from the BuioMetria Partecipativa (participatory
night sky quality monitoring) project we are running since 2008 we can
invite citizen scientists and developers to collaborate in collection and
sharing of night sky quality data.
We can provide a few sensors and guidance to use them.

We wouldn't be running this on our own from Italy: we have a consolidated
network of connections in Germany, and I am sure that at least a couple of
them would like the idea of supporting the exercise.

Also, in the Bonn area, back in 2011 I spent a few days with a colleague
from the INSPIRE data specifications teams, and we developed some ideas for
to-be activities, which could become part of the GeoSummer.

To see more what the project is about, please see
http://www.buiometriapartecipativa.org (and follow the ENGLISH section), or
please write and I'll be glad to provide more information.

3) your reference to a "Geo Summer" brings my memories back to this:
http://www.pibinko.org/gfoss-it-italian-osgeo-chapter-summer-2008-campaign/
;)

Best regards!

Andrea Giacomelli