[FOSS4G2016] Termin heute im Luxx? / LOC meeting in LUXX today?

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Wed Dec 16 02:49:45 PST 2015

Hi LOC,

there was little confusion about whether we meet today in LUXX or not.
Before we started our IRC meetings there was the idea to meet twice a
month, but after we had our weekly IRC chats, we stepped back from this.
Anyhow. In the past weeks, perhaps due to years end business, not much
has happened.

I am sorry, but I can't make it for today. But if there is a group
willing to meet today, I'd be glad if you fix some lacks in our
timeplannings and also talk about website and especially timetable of
website. The website is nice, but still a lot of content is missing.

Also we've set up a general program time-frame, find it attached and
feel free to discuss it. Our thoughts on this were:

Having morning sessions on wednesday/thursday where we can put some
keynoters in - for that we extended the thursday morning from 30 minutes
to 90. On friday we have the closing session for at least one last
keynote. This gives us room for let's say 5-6 (20-25 minutes) keynotes
all together. That's a good compromise between too much and too long
keynotes as in my eyes were in Nottingham but also not too less, as
there were in my first draft.

My idea was to replace the "labs" (in which I thought of "open
workshops") with the topic-talks. So we can see, whether to dedicate a
small (25-30 people) room either to a very specialized sessions (if
someone really wants to talk about No-SQL Databases for instance ;-)) or
to the topic talks. On the other side, that gives us room for (if I
counted correctly) 195 slots for talks.

Any comments?

Till