[FOSS4G2016] IRC Chat Today

Arnulf Christl (FOSS4G) arnulf at foss4g2016.org
Thu Dec 17 08:39:40 PST 2015

Codrina,
excuse me if my comment seemed directed at you. I was just trying to say
that the mail itself looked paranoid and uninformed. You are perfectly
right to make this list aware, so please don't get me wrong.

And in many aspects the concern is perfectly valid. In German lay
sending unsolicited mass Email communication is to people requires to
request for the consent *prior* to sending the content.

Sigh.

We can always claim that we have their mail address from the Web but
once the machinery is rolling it is always a pain.

Not sure what to do. We'll find a solution.

Cheers,
Arnulf

On 17.12.2015 11:59, Codrina Maria Ilie wrote:
> Hi Arnulf, > > Personally, I have no issues there. I was just drawing attention to
a parallel discussion where some concerns were formulated. IMHO, from
what I read and know, most probably not enough, I got the impression
that it was not only the MailChimp issue, but receiving unsolicited
emails. > I apologise if I overstepped. > > regards, > Codrina > > > On