[FOSS4G2016] A postcard for promoting the conference on print media

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Mon Jul 6 04:57:08 PDT 2015

Hi,

Am 06.07.2015 um 13:39 schrieb Anton Popov:
>> (Thinking about that's then 10 years after the worldcup took place in
>> >Germany, we might think of s.th. like "The world hosted by friends."
>> >)
> I'm not so sure that this is such a good idea, since the slogan has propably
> been copyrighted.
> Even using it in a different context might cause trouble.
The official english version of the "Die Welt zu Gast bei Freunden"
slogan was "A time to make friends" [1].

Anyway, "hosted by" sounds not so "good" to me in that sentence, but
this is just personal taste, maybe we can get some feedback from a
native speaker on this?

Cheers,
Christian

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_time_to_make_friends