[FOSS4G2016] relationship with FOSS4G-EU

Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Sun Jul 12 07:22:14 PDT 2015

Hi list,

Are there any thoughts on the relationship with other conferences,
especially the FOSS4G-EU?

Last year there was a discussion on the conference-europe mailinglist, not
only about the "when and where" of foss4g-eu, but in fact also about the
"why" and "how".

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference-europe/2014-August/000173.html

Ideas in that discussion featured fcus groups (developers, or also
commercial suppliers), merely academic or broader,size (200 attendees, but
Como already doubles that) and above all "should a FOSS4G-EU be organized in
a year that FOSS4G is organized in Europe".

In order to have a clear proposition to our sponsors & commercial exhibitors
it would be useful for both conferences to have a certain focus.

In our 2016 proposal in chapter 5.7 a list of related conferences is listed,
but apart from FOSS4G without remark on the relationship.

Your thoughts on this, please.

Regards,

Gert-Jan